The shift towards renewable energy resources has been made decades ago and great achievements have been made to find a secure, green and non-fossil source for energy worldwide. One of the biggest and most efficient resources for this quest is the Sun, new technology have been trying to find the best innovations to capture the sun’s energy. Solar Tracking mechanism is the result of efforts for this aim, it is used worldwide as an alternative to conventional polluting and expensive fossil fuels. In contrast to fossil fuels, renewable energy resources exist over wide geographical areas and you can harvest them all over the world, wherever thee sun shines, or the wind blows. Renewable energy resources can be a domestic source of energy to help developing or under-developed countries strive. Development and expansion of renewable energy use is resulting in significant energy security, global warming mitigation, economic benefits and energy independency.
Although Islamic Republic of Iran is one of the biggest fossil fuel producer and owns the second natural gas and fourth oil reserves in the world, the need for fossil fuels independency and development of alternative energies is felt and sought by our country. The HSSH is trying to step forward in this movement to improve Iran’s alternative energy conversion. Amongst our products and fields of activity, we can name designing and manufacturing Solar Tracking Systems which increase the Solar Panels’ sufficiency significantly. This system is also known as Sun-Tracker or Solar-Tracker.
To function at the highest possible rate, solar beams need to hit the solar panels horizontally, and to do so, a mechanism a needed to keep the panels always in the best position to receive the beams in the best possible angel.
Solar panels are of two kinds; Single-Axis-Rotation and Multi Axis-Rotation. To find and track the Solar beams and position the panel in the best angel, one, or two of these movements are needed.
Single-Axis Solar Tracking Mechanism
In his method of tracking, just one Axis is devised in the system. To reduce the costs and increase the energy efficiency, panels are connected together and moved collectively using just one drive.
In this type Solar Tracking system, a two-axis mechanism of rotation id devised. Methods shown in the following images can be used for Multi-Axis rotation. These methods have the highest possible efficiency, but require higher costs and more maintenance efforts and expenditure.
Solar Tracking system is a mechanical part with friction and aging process. The proper age for a Solar Power Plant is considered to be 20-25 years. During this time, little maintenance is needed for these kinds of power plant and it’s an advantage comparing them with other thermo, gas and compound cycle types of power plants. So we are able to guarantee our solar trackers for five years, and a ten-year guarantee is possible as well.
:The preliminary information needed
The plan and location of the site
Specification and information about the solar beams angel
Environmental information (such as climate information, the possibility of flooding and its direction, strong winds and its direction, annual snow fall, annual extremes of temperature)
Topography and geo-technical information (level land with slope up to 10 percent, underground water level, electrical resistance, the grounds resistance to weight, PH rate of the soil and possibility of earthquakes)
.Here is a ground candidate for installing solar tracking systems. You can see the topography map of the ground and its slope analysis
Estimating the possible energy to be exploited
If we have the environmental information of the candidate ground, it is possible to have an estimation of the possible energy to be exploited from that site. As an example, you can see the possible energy exploitation in Shiraz city of Iran, with a ground coverage rate of 40 percent, and similar loss.
Comparing these numbers with the guaranteed buy rate of electricity, economically justifies employing solar tracking systems. It should be also noted that in the still type there is structure and foundation as well, and adding a tracking system enhance the system with movement transition and control abilities.
Bearing in mind the costs and complicatedness of tracking systems, a number of solar panels, or rows of them, should be linked and moved together to reduce the price. It is done easier with horizontal trackers than other systems and it help to reach the best cost management. Along with a reasonable higher cost at the beginning, you can increase the possible energy to be exploited.
The type of the tracker, installation and implementation of that depends significantly on the type and method of foundation. So they should all be kept in mind while you design and implement the project.
Our solutions’ advantages
- High reliability
- The ability to collect and link quickly
- One motor for the peak power of 350 DC
- Employing a mechanism of rotation power transition between the motors and rows
- Using flexible connection for easier installation in the site
- Ability of being installed in uneven grounds (North-South and East-West slope)
- No need for levelling and heavy work on the ground
- Reducing the installation costs
- Increasing the installation speed
- Ability to be installed in grounds with shapes other that rectangles
- Compensating for the slope in North-South and East-West direction.
- Ability to use the south slope of the ground
- Ability to be installed in grounds with East-West slope of 15 percent
- Designed for environments with strong winds
- Designed to be operational in winds of 70 Km/hr and able to be enhance to 100km/hr winds.
- Parts and collection pre-assembled or ready for the quick installation
- Installation is similar to the still system and rows are done almost independently from the power transition
- 35 percent more annual energy efficiency compare to still type
- Movement range of ±50◦
- Employing backtracking system to prevent shades on the panels and increase the efficiency
- five to ten year guarantee, based on the needs of the clients and costs of the project